FMP Jindai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mithril Academy Medical Office

3 posters

Go down

Mithril Academy Medical Office Empty Mithril Academy Medical Office

Post  Dr Stark Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Dr. Stark is back! This time, he left his job at Jindai High to help out at a new school called Mithril Academy that promised more activity (as he got bored at JH) and also allows him to have beer on campus too (which is always a plus for him. XD). He has also been able to get his friend's daughter, Sakura, into the school with him as well. What he doesn't know is he isn't alone this time as he will be working with two female medical "professionals" (read: look and act more like Nurses, as opposed to his relaxed and casual personality). Essentially, this thread will follow his new adventures and interactions at Mithril Academy. Let's get started! =D
----------------------------------------------------------

"Finally, unpacked again. Geez, I've gotten thrown around a lot since I got moved here." Dr. Stark said as unpacked the last box he had into the office he was assigned to. "On the plus side, I finally got Sakura into a good school while she's visiting me." he continued.

"And best of all..." he said as he opened a can, "they let me KEEP drinks in my office here! Which already makes this a better gig than that stuffy high school." He added before drinking.

Dr. Stark took a seat at one of the desks and reclined in his chair, "This is also a bigger office too, that's always awesome. I wish I had this when I was working as a doctor to the public." He said to himself before drinking again. "Alright, let's see of that action the superiors promised me!" he said while sitting back up at his desk. He waited there for awhile doing various things such as twiddling his thumbs and reading gaming magazines until eventually he fell asleep on the desk.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Mithril Academy Medical Office Empty Re: Mithril Academy Medical Office

Post  Chidori Kaname Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Defensive Driving was going to be the death of her. She was bad enough at it, and then Instructor Yan insisted they practice with different kinds of footwear on top of it. The girls had to wear heels. She had no trouble walking in four inch heels, but DRIVING? And at that, a manual transmission! As nice as Yan was, she made a note to ask if he was trying to kill her.

Limping into the doctor's office with the help of one of her squadmates, she smiled sheepishly to the man at the desk before realizing he was asleep. Then, she got annoyed. Pursing her lips, she pondered how to get his attention for a moment before settling on, she hoped, scaring the living daylights out of him. She was good at bellowing, had been told she had a commander's voice without ever having been trained, and she let out a sharp bark that could pierce all walls, "MEDIC!"
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet
Name: Kaname Chidori
Player: Misha

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 am

"HUH WHAT WHERE?!" Dr. Stark said loudly as he shook awake and fell over. "Owwwwwww...." he said from the floor. "I wish this was a carpet floor now." he said as he started to get up. "Owwww, my freakin' head..." Dr. Stark said as he got up and shook his head before grabbing his drink and taking another sip. "That's a bit better." He said before noticing a pretty blue haired girl sitting down in a chair on the other side of the room. "OH! Hey didn't see you there, what's up?" He said as he stood there with his beer can. "and let me be the first to say you have a really loud voice." He added.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 am

Smirking at her success, she watched him flail a lot and frowned once more when he took a sip of a drink. She shook her head at him, leaning back in her seat and crossing her arms over her chest. "I can't. Let you be the first, that is, because you're not. That better be non-alcoholic beer," she changed topics quickly, nodding to the can he held. "I'd rather be treated by someone with steady hands, thank you very much."
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 am

"Oh don't worry, I've only had one." Dr. Stark reassured her. "I've been doing this for years and never had an accident once." He continued before grabbing his note pad and a chair. "So, what's your name and how can I help ya?" he said after he sat down in front of her.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 am

"I'll hold you to that. Name's Kaname Chidori. Hurt my ankle pretty badly trying to drive in heels. Of all the classes, it's Defensive Driving that is going to get me killed. I'll take bullets over being behind the wheel of a car any day." She turned her injured leg to the side, showing off the swollen and colorful joint.
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:07 pm

"Ooh, that doesn't look good. No worries though, It looks like it's just bruised from driving in the heels you were wearing. I think the best thing I can do for you is have you sit here with a cold compress for awhile, that should take the swelling down a good amount." Dr. Stark said as he looked at Kaname's ankle. "I'll be right back with the cold compress!" He said before walking into another room. From a distance, one could hear the sound of a freezer and fridge door opening...followed a clanking of cans and banging of various other items. "OH SON OF A...", He said loudly before closing the fridge and walking back. "OK, So apparently I don't have any cold compresses,or even plain Ice for that matter,yet...so put this on your ankle in the mean time." Dr. Stark said to Kaname while handing her a cold beer can. "So your name was Kaname right? What the heck were you doing driving in heels?" He asked her.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 pm

"It's twisted," she muttered as he walked away in search of a cold compress. Either way, that was something she needed, but it was more than a simple bruise. He came back with a beer can and she blinked at it, contemplating for a moment just drinking it to make a point. She remembered the last time she drank beer, however, and decided against it, taking it from him with mumbled gratitude and setting it against her ankle. "The Defensive Driving instructor wants us to get adept at driving in all circumstances, and for us girls, that means heels. I'm a bad driver on a good day, so this was just begging to happen." She paused for a moment and looked down at her ankle with a wince, "Can I have some ibuprofen, perhaps? 800-milligrams? Cold alone isn't going to fix the swelling and it sure won't do a thing for the pain."
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurz Weber Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 pm

"Knock, knock! Hello!" Kurz chimed as he opened the door to the infirmary. Normally one of the last people any of his teachers might allow to leave class for any reason, he had already had some minor driving experience in his years before the academy, so learning the more technical side of things hadn't been very difficult thus far. At least at this age he could safely reach the pedals.

Turning the corner, he followed the sound of voices leading him out of the main waiting area, finding the lady of the hour, as well as the head doctor on staff. "Hey Kaname, Yan let me bring up your stuff since you weren't lookin' all that great when you left. It's not too serious is it? Oh, hey Doc."
Kurz Weber
Kurz Weber

Character sheet
Name: Kurz Weber
Player: MikaMika

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:38 pm

"That I know I have. I'll be right back." Dr. Stark replied as he walked over to his desk and pulled a bottle out of one of the drawers. "I don't know about you but that seems kind excessive to me, especially since it's already a stupid idea to try to drive with heels on to begin with...Is that a required class here?" He said as he walked back to his seat and poured out an ibuprofen pill, "Here you go." He said as he handed it to her.

After hearing a new guy talk to him, he turned and responded "Howdy, she sounds like she'll be OK."

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am

She nodded to Kurz with a pained smile, motioning to the chairs beside her as a place to put her things. "It just hurts like a mother, I'll be fine if I take it easy today." Taking the pill from the doctor, she stared at it for a moment as she wondered how she was supposed to take it. "Water?" she asked with a quirked brow, leaning back in her seat and pulling her leg up so she could keep the cold pressed to her ankle.

"In case you didn't notice, we're here to learn how to do dangerous things. You'll be seeing a lot of us in here, so be prepared to be busy, especially when the school year really starts up." Looking at her colorful ankle once again, she added off-handedly, "Why do you think this place has all the equipment you'd need to perform surgery, and repair broken bones, and provide physical therapy, and all that fun stuff? It'll get used, so don't get accustomed to afternoon naps."
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurz Weber Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Laughing at her choice of words, Kurz couldn't help but seeing an image of Mao behind her as she spoke. The Kaname he had met a year ago wouldn't have used a phrase so close to what she had just said, and to hear it was just hilarious. "You've been spending way too much time with Mao there Kaname! Keep that up and I may have to start chasin' you around the whole school!" Of course Kaname would know that was supposed to be a joke, but that didn't mean he didn't have fun saying it. If a fowl mouthed beauty was all that he was after, then he certainly didn't have to look very far in this school, much less focus on Ms. Mao so heatedly. It was just Mao's fault that she happened to be everything he wanted in a woman and more.

Turning back to the doctor, he tried speaking clearly enough through his remaining laughter to be understood, the smile still wide across his face. "Yeah, you could say those of us who go here are a bit accident prone. You'll have your hands full soon enough there Doc."
Kurz Weber
Kurz Weber

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:16 pm

"Yup, I know. The superiors here told me I'd get a faster-moving position here in my interview and very kindly had all of this set up for me when I got here." Dr. Stark told both of them before getting up to get Kaname a cup of water. He returned with a cup of water and proceeded to ask, "So what exactly are these dangerous things that I'll be patching up?" before taking a gulp from his drink.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Making a face at Kurz, she shook her head quickly. "No, thank you! I can't run from you right now, it wouldn't be fair!" she teased back with laughter in her voice.

She sobered up quick at the doctor's question, turning to him with a serious expression. "Well, let me put it this way...," looking down at her swollen ankle and back up again, she answered blandly, "Defensive Driving isn't supposed to be one of them. You'll see some normal sports-style injuries, but we also run obstacle courses that are dangerous, and then there's the combat exercises... There will be broken bones and last year I think there were a couple cases of internal bleeding that almost didn't work out too well... And, Kurz, didn't someone need to get part of their liver removed because of some shrapnel that pierced it?"
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurz Weber Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:34 pm

"Aw man...yeah. Poor Shinji, if there was any time to be glad that I was not him, it had to be back then. I remember that class too, I was in it with him when it happened. It was supposed to be a standard practice in bomb disarmament, and one of the wires sparked." Kurz leaned back in his chair, bringing up a leg to rest on his other knee as he recalled the chaos that had occurred that day. "Because a few of the components used were flammable, the spark triggered the explosion, and shrapnel from the bomb casing flew everywhere. I got three shards in my shoulder, but it was really more of a flesh wound, and they were larger pieces, so mine healed within a few days. Shinji though, a few of the others were freaking out when we noticed all the blood. We had to call Peggy asap, and a few of us lost our first blazers and ties trying to do everything we were supposed to while waiting it out. I think he was excused from the class for the rest of the year cause they didn't want to end up with a possible aversion or something."

Running a hand through his hair at the memory, Kurz loosened his tie slightly. That day had truly sucked for everyone, though no one would dare say that anyone had had it worse than Shinji. "He's obviously better now, but the dude still doesn't really get into the disarmament classes like he used to."
Kurz Weber
Kurz Weber

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm

After hearing this, Dr. Stark spat out his drink and choked a bit. "Wow...they weren't kidding when they said I'd get more excitement here." He said shocked. He then remembered that he also took the offer to enter his friend's sweet little daughter Sakura into this somewhat dangerous school. "I have really got to stop skimming the fine print on these too good to be true offers."He thought to himself. "Well, good thing is I'm ready for anything!" He said with a chuckle.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 am

Kaname grinned dubiously, sharing a worried look with Kurz before looking back at the doctor with a bit of a nervous sweat on her temple. First, that shocked reaction to the news of poor Shinji, and then the statement of 'ready for anything?' She doubted that, but she wasn't going to say as much. "Right... Well, with the weather clearing up, we're going to be starting a lot of the more dangerous training, so I hope you really are. It'll probably start getting busy soon. I think we start running the major exercises next week. As second years, it'll be our first time with the truly dangerous stuff." Never mind that the first-years handled things that landed poor Shinji in his position, that wasn't even what was classified as really dangerous by their standards. "The Second- and First-Classes run sims no matter what the weather, and the Fourth-Classes only touch the lighter stuff."

Realizing she had switched between using their year and their rank, and considered how new this doctor was, she rushed to clarify, pointing between herself and her friend, "We're Third-Class, by the way. Second years are Third-Class. First years are Fourth-Class. Third years are Second-Class. The fourth and fifth years are First-Class."
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 pm

"Gotcha." Dr. Stark responded to her. "I assume that those are also the reasons why my office here is so big too." He added. "After you're ok to move, I'll need to set up the beds they have in here." Dr Stark continued before finishing off his drink and walking back towards Kaname. "Speaking of which, how are you feeling now?" He asked her.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 pm

She nodded as he talked about getting things set up, wishing there'd been a bed so she could prop her leg up. She shrugged in response to his question, grinning, "I'll be fine. I was excused from athletics for the rest of the day, so I'll just go to my room and prop my leg up, keep taking advil, and just take it easy. Kurz," she switched gears and looked up at her friend with a sheepish smile, "think you or Sousuke could bring me some dinner, so I don't have to move?"
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurz Weber Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Chuckling at the adorable picture she made, Kurz had to admit, if not for the appearance of the amazing Ms. Mao, he'd have been hard pressed to find anyone else who could have stacked up to Kaname. Sousuke had no idea just how easy it would be to have her agree to be his girlfriend; so easy in fact that admittedly, Kurz was a bit jealous. She'd been crazy about him since practically day one, but he was still so socially awkward that the guy had no clue she wanted anything more than just being his friend. The reality for Kurz was that he could love Melissa as much as he wanted, but she would most likely never act on anything she might feel for him until the day he was no longer registered as a student. 'Aw well, nothing good was ever supposed to come easy...'

Reaching over to lay a hand on her shoulder, he smiled at her warmly. "Come on Kaname, you know we would have done that anyway. Hell, I doubt Sousuke would be able to last the rest of the day without coming to make sure you were okay. You should have seen his face when his run through the course had been completed and we told him what happened. I swear it looked like he wanted to just throw down all his gear and run off to find you, probably would have if Yan hadn't asked him to run a few laps with some of the lesser drivers to help him out." Standing to stretch out his back, as much as he was fine with just running out the clock until his next class hangin' out there, both his team mates had made him promise to try harder at his academics this year, regardless if he knew what was being taught or not.

"As much as I'd love to keep avoiding class, I have a feeling that you'd just as soon as kick my ass if I tried babe, so I'm gonna head back. You can definitely expect Sousuke to stop by as soon as class lets out though, and between the two of us, we'll get your assignments before picking you up once school lets out for the day. We'll both be here to get you, so don't you worry about a thing. Doc, it's been a pleasure. See you at three Kaname!" Waving as he retreated out the door, Kurz closed it behind him before beginning the trek back to the Driving Tracks, knowing that by the time he made it there, class would be all but over.
Kurz Weber
Kurz Weber

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:35 pm

"Thank you," she responded with a smile, watching her friend leave. Sitting back in the chair, she looked down at her leg and thought about the trek to her room. The school grounds were huge, and while on a map it might not look far, in actuality the walk would take her 20 minutes on a good day. Kurz had said they'd come by the infirmary for her, but she also didn't relish the thought of sitting around for a few hours until their classes came to an end.

Oh well, she thought, no helping it. Looking over at the doctor again, she gave him a pleading grin, "Hey, think you can bring something over that I can prop my leg up on, and if you've got it, something to read until they come back for me?"
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:04 pm

"Yeah certainly! You can have my chair if you want it!" Dr. Stark said as he pushed his chair closer to Kaname. "As for reading material...Do you like gaming magazines?" He asked after realizing that he didn't have any other reading materials in the office besides the magazine he was reading earlier.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Chidori Kaname Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:37 pm

"Thanks!" she reached out with her uninjured leg, rolling the chair into a position she was comfortable with before propping her leg up. Settling back, she looked up at him as he offered the gaming magazine. "Hm, I'm not much of a gamer, but I guess that will do. As long as it's something to keep me occupied, hahah. I go crazy when there's nothing to do, and I put all my homework back in my room when I switched out from Academics to Physical for the day."
Chidori Kaname
Chidori Kaname

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Stark Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 pm

"I'm the same way too." Dr. Stark said, "which is probably what makes the intense care of the students here sound like a good thing." he continued before grabbing another chair and sitting down in front of Kaname. "That other guy seemed very friendly. I used to have friends like him, they were fun people." Dr. Stark stated as he relayed his thoughts about Kurz to Kaname.

Dr Stark

Character sheet
Name:
Player:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down